Saturday, May 9, 2009

10...9...8...7...6...5...

We're packing up our wagon...er...suitcases. I was sifting through the craft closet for items to occupy the kids on the plane and I came across this Conestoga wagon kit.
I left it out and evidently Clementine found it because just as the first rays of sunshine were coming in the back windows she showed it to me, all assembled. She disappeared for a while and then called me to see this.


"I wish I could be there," she said with a sigh.
Doesn't it look inviting? If only we could spend a few days traveling by Conestoga wagon instead of minivan, walking beside it, riding on the lazy board, sleeping beneath the stars.

I love that we are starting our journey to the past with a shuttle launch. Without technology our journey would be impossible. And contemplating space travel (the final frontier) will put us in the right frame of mind for imagining our country when it was a frontier.

I should be packing, but instead I just spent an hour editing audio. It is more fun than packing.

Clementine's group performed their last Latin dialog. It is called The Party Continues. Ok, now I am going to finish packing.

Per aspera ad astra!

5 comments:

AM said...

Gens una sumus. Sic transit gloria mundi. Lux et veritas.

threegirlpileup said...

Have a safe trip! We look forward to seeing you at the beach on the 18th!

J.G. Wilder said...

Blast off!

Wishing you a very tranquil flight tomorrow.

Susan said...

Barbara, thanks--we are looking forward to seeing all of you, too!

Kristin said...

By now you are on the road. I think the quilt idea is fantastic. I like how you left the wagon out. My kids seem to gravitate to things I set out too. I enjoy how learning is so intuitive with your family. Have a blast.