Tuesday, October 21, 2008

All Bow to the Queen


I just realized that I said I would do something with the contents of the planet organics box today. Today being yesterday. I did do something with the contents. I ate an apple. I also found a recipe for Chocolate Zucchini Cookies. But when Greta started sobbing, "Zucchini cookies! Zucchini cookies! I don't want zucchini cookies!" and snot was running down her face and she looked so miserable I gave up on the idea of baking.

Weirdly enough she spent the next half hour making clay zucchini cookies and offering them to me to eat.

I also found a recipe for zucchini fritters in Chez Panisse Vegetables.

Last night was one of those sick toddler nights. Greta started off in her room but made it to our room pretty soon, with the handful of glow-in-in-the-dark bracelets she'd gone to bed with. Mike had to move the humidifier to our room and go sleep in the other room. Greta tossed and turned and kicked like mad. I kept stashing the impossibly bright bracelets under my pillow, but they kept escaping. Near morning I had 6 inches on the edge of the bed and Greta was turned perpendicular to me. She planted both feet firmly on my back and announced, I think in her sleep, with solemn dignity, "I am the queen!" And really, who could dispute that?

Later I asked Greta if she was awake when she said that. She said, "I was having a dream that I was the queen and daddy was the king and I gave birth to Cinderella."

1 comment:

Stefaneener said...

Oh dear. There are no words.

She must win some toddler competition somewhere.