Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette



Clem helped me out tonight by making the salad dressing. This is my favorite dressing.

Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette- Chez Panisse Vegetables

2 small shallots

2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
2 tablespoons lemon juice

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil


Peel and dice the shallots very fine. Put them in a small bowl with the vinegar, lemon juice, and salt. Stir and let the mixture sit for 10 t o 30 minutes. Whisk in the olive oil.

After whisking I suggested she give it a taste. She picked up the pint measuring cup and lifted it to her lips to drink. I stopped her and offered a lettuce leaf to dip. She gave her dressing a thumbs up.

And ate a big pile of salad at dinner. I feel like I've slipped into an alternate reality.

No comments: